May 2, 2012
- It's almost Mother's Day!
- Wall Words
- Chronicle Books Card Decks for Mother's Day!
- Erin Condren
- NEW BOOK RELEASE LIFE MOMENTS FOR WOMEN,
- Burke Williams for Mother's Day!
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- The Aquarium of the Pacific
- Join P&G in saying "Thank you, Mom"
- The City of Torrance Community Services Department
- 'Flicka: Country Pride' Scores on All Counts
- Laura Mercier Bath Products
- MK Daisy Cupcakes
- DREAMWORKS PICTURES’ “PEOPLE LIKE US”
- Smash Your Food App reviewed by Brianna Beaton
- Mexican Enchilada Lasagna
- Mexican Fried Bananas
- Mother's Day Handprint Flower Pot
- Cinco de Mayo cookie
- Macaroni Crafts ~ Musical Maracas
This easy craft is fun for kids to do!
Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for the fifth of May and remembers the day in 1862 when Mexico's army had an unlikely victory over the French. Ironically, the holiday is not widely celebrated in Mexico...but we sure enjoy it here! This cookie is a tasty and easy way to celebrate. Olé.
What you need:
Refrigerated Sugar Cookie dough (we use the kind in a tube...but you could use your own dough and cut them into circles)
Bake cookies as directed. They should be circles! Let them cool completely.
Frost the outer edge of the cookie and roll in non-pareils.
Frost the outer edge of the gum drop and roll it in non-pareils, too.
Using a small bit of frosting, secure the gum drop to the middle of the cookie. And voilà, you have a mini sombrero cookie!
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC