January 12, 2012
- Celebrate Martin Luther King Jr Day on January 16!
- And the winner is....
- Travel Products.com
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- Family Fun Day
- MACARONI MENUS: EASY CHINESE CHOW MEIN
- BEAUTY AND THE BEAST 3D
- MACARONI DADS: DADS WIN SUPERBOWL TICKETS
- Rockstar White
- MACARONI HEALTH: USDA SUPERTRACKER WEBSITE
- Macaroni Yum!
- Turn up the Volume with Think Geek!
- HOW TO SAFELY TREAT YOUR CHILD’S COUGH AND COLD
- Preschool in Nature - El Dorado Nature Center
- Give the Gift of Organization Contest!
- Macaroni Fun
- Dates to remember!
Use This Free Website Program To Help You and Your Family Stay Healthy and On Track
he USDA's website now has a new online program called the SuperTracker. The SuperTracker is a free, comprehensive, state-of-the-art resource available at ChooseMyPlate.gov designed to assist individuals as they make changes in their life to reduce their risk of chronic disease and maintain a healthy weight.
Overcoming the health and nutrition challenges we face as a nation is critical and the SuperTracker provides consumers with an assortment of tools to do just that. This easy-to-use website will help Americans at all stages of life improve their overall health and well-being as they input dietary and physical activity choices into the tool.
The SuperTracker is a visually appealing, comprehensive, state-of-the-art resource available at ChooseMyPlate.gov. It is designed to assist individuals as they make changes in their life to reduce their risk of chronic disease and maintain a healthy weight. Consumers can access this free, on-line tool at anytime and can choose a variety of features to support nutrition and physical activity goals.SuperTracker offers consumers the ability to:
- Personalize recommendations for what and how much to eat and amount of physical activity.
- Track foods and physical activity from an expanded database of foods and physical activities.
- Customize features such as goal setting, virtual coaching, weight tracking and journaling.
- Measure progress with comprehensive reports ranging from a simple meal summary to in-depth analysis of food groups and nutrient intake over time.
- Operationalize the 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines.
- Support family and friends by adding their individual profiles.
The SuperTracker complements First Lady Michelle Obama's Let's Move! initiative and provides practical information to help individuals, health professionals, nutrition educators, and consumers build healthier diets. As Americans are experiencing epidemic rates of overweight and obesity, the online resources and tools available at ChooseMyPlate.gov can empower people to make healthier food and physical activity choices for themselves, their families, and their children.
Originally identified in the Child Obesity Task Force report which noted that simple, actionable advice
ChooseMyPlate.gov provides practical information to individuals, health professionals, nutrition educators, and the food industry to help consumers build healthier diets with resources and tools for dietary assessment, nutrition education, and other user-friendly nutrition information. As Americans are experiencing epidemic rates of overweight and obesity, the online resources and tools can empower people to make healthier food choices for themselves, their families, and their children.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC