November 30, 2011
- Happy December!
- Mulligan Family Fun Center
- Gift Suggestion for Mom!
- Think Geek for Holiday gifts!
- Gift Suggestion for the Kids!
- Stationery Market for your Holiday Cards!
- This Week's Picks
- This Week's Calendar
- Plan Ahead
- A Getaway Fit for the Characters in Your Family!
- Game of Your Life
- Supper and Skate at L.A. LIVE
- ZHUZHU PETS® Quest for Zhu™
- Boots, Boots, Boots!
- North Pole Macaroni Kid!
- Music Together
- Ozeri for baby
- Hallmark for the Holidays!
- Holiday Gift suggestion! Decorative Things
- Avon Gift Suggestions for the Holidays!
- The World's Greatest Poems
- Macaroni Made
- Holiday Gift Suggestion for the Men in your life!
- LET'S GO CHIPPER™ GET-READY SERIES
Music Together (www.musictogether.com) is a music and movement approach to early childhood music development for infant, toddler, preschool, and kindergarten children and their parents, teachers, and other primary caregivers. Since 1987, Music Together has pioneered the concept of a research-based, developmentally appropriate early childhood music curriculum that strongly emphasizes and facilitates adult involvement. The Music Together experience can all add a delightful quality to family life- it’s a fun, easy, joyful way to spend time together.
Twelve children and their parents or caregivers (nanny, babysitter, grandparent) meet for ten weekly 45-minute classes to experience new songs, chants, movement activities, and instrumental jam sessions. Both children and adults join the circle, led by a teacher with early childhood and music skills. The teacher helps adults understand how to participate – regardless of music ability – and children have many opportunities to create and play. Each semester, families receive a new recording performed by outstanding singers and instrumentalists, along with a songbook full of pictures and activities to enjoy at home. Classes include:
· Mixed-age Class (birth through age four) – The while family is welcome for this important family music experience. Each child participates at his or her own level in singing, moving, changing, listening, watching, or exploring musical instruments.
· Babies Class (eight months and younger) – The music activities and materials are specially designed for parents who want to learn as much as possible about music development in babies. Meet other parents of newborns and learn some fascinating music activities you can recreate at home with your baby
· Music Together Big Kids™ Classes (5, 6, and 7 year olds) – This is a 60-minute class geared to the interests and abilities of big kids! These classes lay the foundation for Basic Music Literacy, complementing music instruction in school or instrument lessons, and leading to a lifetime of joyful music-making. Parent attendance is welcome but not required.
In Music Together Preschool, children develop musically and become part of a school wide music-making community. Each week a trained Music Together specialist leads a variety of songs, dances, and instrumental activities, while teachers and children all join in the fun. Children experience fifty to seventy-five songs a year and become familiar with important aspects of music-making – moving in rhythm, improvising, using language in music ways, and more. Each child receives a songbook and a recording to take home so that parents can understand what the child is experiencing in school and enjoy similar music activities at home.
Have your say
© 2013 Macaroni Kid, LLC